You can add a promotion or new position in the same company on Linkedin by logging into your LinkedIn account and clicking on the “profile picture” in the right corner of your screen. Follow this by clicking on “View Profile” and following the prompts to edit or add a new job position. After adding the promotion or new job position, tap “Share with Network” before clicking on the “Save.” button.
- You can add a promotion or new position within the same company on LinkedIn by logging into your account and following the prompts after opening your profile.
- Updating your promotion can help you to build your professional network by connecting with like-minded colleagues, clients, and industry professionals.
- After hitting the save button, people in your LinkedIn network will see the update within two hours.
- One way to promote your professional profile on LinkedIn is by adding new positions or promotions to your work experience section.
- Always hit the save button after updating your promotion or new job position.
Benefits of Adding a Promotion or a New Position in the Same Company on LinkedIn
There are several benefits of adding a promotion or a new position in the same company on LinkedIn:
- It helps keep your profile up to date, making it more attractive to potential employers or clients.
- It enables you to highlight your professional accomplishments and showcase your progress career-wise.
- It can help you to build your professional network by connecting with like-minded colleagues, clients, and industry professionals.
- It improves your visibility on LinkedIn.
- It can help in getting valuable recommendations and endorsements from colleagues.
A Guide on How to Add a Promotion or New Position in the Same Company on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a networking platform for professionals, and it allows users to connect with colleagues, search for jobs, and promote their personal brands. One way to promote your professional profile on LinkedIn is by adding new positions or promotions to your work experience section.
This can help demonstrate your career progression and highlight your achievements to potential employers or clients. After all, you’ve toiled to earn your new job position, and adding it on LinkedIn will add glamour to your profile.
So, are you ready to add a promotion or new position in the same company on LinkedIn, but you don’t know how to do it? Don’t worry; follow the steps below to learn how to add a promotion or new position in the same company on LinkedIn.
How to Add a Promotion in the Same Company on LinkedIn
So, you were recently promoted within your company and accepted the offer? Congratulations! All you’ll do now is add your new achievement on LinkedIn to show that you are on an upward trajectory and gaining experience.
Here are the steps to follow when adding a promotion in the same company on LinkedIn:
- Login to Your LinkedIn Account: Use a computer, tablet, or phone to log into your LinkedIn account. If your job line hasn’t changed but climbed upwards and now boasts a new title, you can edit your existing position to reflect the new title. However, if your role within the company has changed, it will be better to add a new role by creating a new date of employment.
- Navigate to Your LinkedIn Profile: If you are using a mobile phone app, click on your profile photo and tap it again on the resulting menu. Alternatively, when using a computer, click on your profile photo and choose “View Profile.”
- Navigate to the pencil Icon in the Experience section: Click on the pencil icon, which will display the experience section you require to edit.
- Select the pencil icon next to your present job position.
- Edit Your Job Title: You’ll have to replace the current title within the organization with the new one and readjust other details if necessary.
- Notify Your Network about Your Promotion: This part is optional, but sharing your success with your LinkedIn network is necessary. You must toggle the “Notify Network” switch to the on position to share your success with your professional network. However, if you don’t wish to share, then toggle the switch to the off position.
- Update Your Profile: Suppose your profile headline is customized, ensure you update it to show your new role in the organization.
- Save Changes: Click the “Save” option to save your updated promotion details. After hitting the save button, people in your LinkedIn network will see the update within two hours.
Best Practices When Adding a Promotion in the same Company on LinkedIn
Notifying your Linkedin network about your job promotion is a noble idea. However, it would help if you did it the right way. Here are a few tips to follow:
- Formally accept your promotion before updating your new role on the LinkedIn platform.
- When adding your promotion status on LinkedIn, stick to career updates and avoid self-promotion that might cast doubts about your professionalism.
- Consider writing a formal press release to get the word out and share the information on the Linkedin platform if your interaction with clients or the general public will change due to your new roles.
How to Add a New Position in the Same Company on LinkedIn
Just like the promotion, adding a new position on LinkedIn enables you to share your new achievements with your LinkedIn network. Below is a guide to help you add a new position in the same company on LinkedIn:
- Login to Your LinkedIn Account: You could have gotten a new role in the same organization, and creating a new position in the experience section is ideal in such a scenario. LinkedIn will notice your update and connect your new position to your prior role to make it clear that you have climbed the ladder. However, if your new role doesn’t deviate much from the older role, you better edit your current position to change the title.
- Navigate to Your LinkedIn Profile: Tap your profile picture if you are using a mobile phone app. Tap on the image again on the resulting menu. However, if you use a computer, tap on the profile picture and select the “View Profile” option.
- Navigate to the Experience Section: Scroll to the experience section and click “+,” and the menu will expand.
- Click Add position: The menu will open the “Add Experience” window by clicking this option.
- Update Your New Role: Type your new job role and provide a candid description to enlighten your LinkedIn network about your achievements and the new roles accompanying your new position.
- Share Your New Position: It is optional to share your new position with your network. If you wish to share, toggle the “Notify Network” switch to the on position. If the opposite is the case, toggle it to the off position.
- Click on “End Current Position as of Now”: check the box next to “End current position as of now” to notify LinkedIn to add a new end date to your prior role in the organization. This will let your network know you no longer hold the previous position.
- Save your Updates: When you finish updating, ensure you click the save button to save all details of your new position in your organization.
Note: By following these steps, you can easily add a promotion or a new position within the same company to your LinkedIn profile. This can help showcase your career progression and accomplishments to potential employers and clients and help you build your professional reputation on the platform. Your update will be available to your LinkedIn network within two hours after making the changes.