Cyprus, which is officially known as the Republic of Cyprus is an island country which is located in the Eastern Mediterranean. It is the third-largest island in the Mediterranean, which also happens to be its third most populated island. The island country is located south of Turkey, west of Syria and Lebanon, north of Israel, the Palestinian region of the Gaza Strip and Egypt, and southeast of Greece.
The island country serves as a major tourist destination in the Mediterranean. Due to its advanced high-income economy and a very powerful human development index, the country has been an important member of the Commonwealth since the year 1961.
Cyprus is also known as the Jewel of the Mediterranean and is the birthplace of the legendary Greek goddess of love and beauty, Aphrodite. While the tourism sector is one of the major revenue-generating sectors for the economy, sectors like agriculture, mining, etc are not so behind. The export sector of Cyprus serves as the main sector to boost the economy of the country. According to the 2017 International Monetary Fund estimates, it’s per capita GDP at $36,442 is below the average of the European Union.
INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS
CYTA Ltd. is semi-governmental telecommunication in the country of Cyprus. The telecommunication company is spread all over the country offering services such as digital PSTN, ISDN, DSL and FTTH.
The mobile telephony subsidiary of Cyta Ltd. signed Network Partnership Agreement with Vodafone in the year 2004 following which they started to operate under the name of CytaMobile-Vodafone.
CYTAMOBILE-VODAFONE DATA PACKAGES
MOBILE INTERNET DAILY PLAN
- 0-20 kB: For internet data consumption from 0 to 20 kB the internet service providers don’t charge anything to its customers.
- 20 kB – 5 MB: For internet data consumption from 20 kB to 5 MB the internet service providers charges €0.51 to its customers.
- 5 MB – 30 MB: For internet data consumption from 5 MB to 30 MB the internet service providers charges €1.12 to its customers.
- 30 MB MORE THAN 30 MB: If a consumer uses 30 MB more than the first 30 MB he used in a day he is charged with €1.12.
MOBILE INTERNET MONTHLY PLAN
- 30 MB: In this plan, the consumer is charged with €4 for 30 MB of internet data for a duration of 30 days or a month. If the consumer uses additional data than the 30 MB allotted to him then he is charged with €2/10 MB.
- 300 MB: In this plan, the consumer is charged with €9 for 300 MB of internet data for a duration of 30 days or a month. If the consumer uses additional data than the 300 MB allotted to him then he is charged with €2.5/100 MB.
- 1 GB: In this plan, the consumer is charged with €15 for 1 GB of internet data for a duration of 30 days or a month. If the consumer uses additional data than the 1 GB allotted to him then he is charged with €3.5/256 MB.
|Mobile Internet Daily Plan|
|Daily traffic volume||Daily charge|
|0 – 20 kB||€0,00|
|20 kB – 5 MB||€0,51|
|5 ΜΒ – 30 ΜB||€1,12|
|For 30ΜΒ more than the first 30ΜΒ||€1,12|
|Mobile Internet pay monthly plans|
|Plan||Monthly fee||Volume included||Charge for additional usage|
|Mobile Internet 30MB||4||30MB||€2 / 10ΜΒ|
|Mobile Internet 300MB||9||300MB||€2,5 / 100ΜΒ|
|Mobile Internet 1GB||15||1GB||€3,5 / 256ΜΒ|