You can sell a Facebook page for $50 to $500 or even thousands of dollars. The selling price depends on the number of followers and the engagement level of your followers on the page. Typically, the higher the number of followers you have on your Facebook fan page and the more engaged they are, the more you will fetch from the sale of your Facebook page.
- You can sell your Facebook page for $0.10 or $0.5 depending on the number of followers and the page’s engagement level.
- Engagement level is typically how followers respond to published posts on the page.
- The reasons why you may sell your Facebook fan page include the collapse of the business, failure to recoup on investiment, and to make profit.
- Selling your facebook fan page is against Facebook’s terms of service.
- There are various risks associated with selling Facebook page. They include damaging your brand, exposing your profile, and getting scammed.
Average Prices for Facebook Pages
|Number of Followers
|Less than 10,000
|$50 – $500
|10,000 – 50,000
|$500 – $5,000
|50,000 – 100,000
|$5,000 – $25,000
|100,000 – 500,000
|$25,000 – $100,000
Determining How Much You Can Earn from Selling a Facebook Page
Earning from selling a Facebook page depends on several factors, and the process isn’t straightforward due to potential legal and ethical considerations. Here’s how to determine the potential value of a Facebook page:
- Audience Size and Engagement:
- The larger and more engaged your audience (followers, likes, shares, comments), the higher the page’s potential value. Advertisers and marketers often seek pages with a substantial, active following.
- Niche and Target Audience:
- Pages catering to specific niches or demographics are more attractive to advertisers. The more targeted your audience, the more valuable the page can be.
- Content Quality:
- High-quality, original content that resonates with the audience is a major factor. Quality posts can attract more potential buyers.
- Location of Followers:
- Pages with followers from high-value markets (e.g., the United States) may command a higher price due to more lucrative advertising opportunities.
- Engagement Metrics:
- Metrics like click-through rates, conversion rates, and overall engagement are crucial for potential buyers. They determine how effective the page is for advertising.
- Page Age:
- Older pages may be seen as more established and reliable, potentially increasing their value.
- Legal Considerations:
- Selling Facebook pages may violate Facebook’s terms of service, so it’s essential to understand the platform’s rules and potential legal implications.
- If the page has a history of generating revenue through affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, or selling products/services, it may be more valuable.
- Market Demand:
- The current demand for Facebook pages in your niche and target market can affect the sale price. Supply and demand dynamics play a role.
- Negotiation Skills:
- Your ability to negotiate with potential buyers can also impact the final sale price.
- Sale Platform:
- Where you sell the page matters. Online marketplaces, forums, and social media groups are common platforms for page sales.
- Transfer of Ownership:
- Ensure a smooth and secure transfer of ownership, which may involve changing admin roles and relinquishing control.
Note: Most Facebook fan pages for sale have a few fans and low engagement levels; thus, they are priced at the cheaper end.
The Engagement Level of a Facebook Fan Page
Now that we have established that the engagement level of your Facebook level will dictate its selling price, let’s dive deeper and find out what engagement means and how it’s used to determine how much you can sell a Facebook page.
Facebook engagement level is typically how the audience reacts or responds to individual posts published on the Facebook fan page. Shares, likes, and comments from followers are used to gauge the page’s responsiveness.
Reasons Why You Would Sell a Facebook Page
Deciding to cash on a Facebook fan page could be a personal choice; however, various factors can result in selling a Facebook page. The factors include:
1. Failure to Recoup Good Returns
Many individuals invest on a Facebook page, hoping to recoup good returns on investment. However, this is not always the case. Suppose you fail to get better returns on your Facebook page investment; the sensible thing to do is cut the losses by selling the page and moving on.
2. Collapse of Business
It could be that your business has collapsed, and you want to dispose of available assets. In such a scenario, your Facebook page followers will be inconsequential; thus, the only sensible thing to do is sell the page to someone who will use it well.
3. Gaining Profits
Another reason you can sell a Facebook page is when you intend to profit from the sale. Maybe you have a technique that gains you fans quickly, and you need to sell the page, repeat the same trick, and build other pages that you will sell at a profit.
The Risks of Selling a Facebook Page
Selling a Facebook page is against Facebook’s terms of service. Therefore, the page you’ve just sold can be banned during the ownership transfer phase. This implication might not affect you as a seller since it only hits hard on the buyer. However, there are a few risks that you’ll incur as a seller, as discussed below:
1. Damage to Brand Image
Selling a Facebook fan page might damage your brand’s image. Imagine a scenario whereby you have a strong brand built over time and loyal followers who follow your page for a reason. If you sell this page, you are unsure how the new owner will use it. It might damage your brand, and your followers will feel betrayed.
Some scammers might hijack the Facebook you wish to sell and use it for their nefarious ends without paying you even a penny. They only need to steal your authentication information when you put the page up for sale.
3. Risking Your Personal Profile
When making a Facebook fan page, you associate it with your personal profile. If it is the case that the profile attached to the page is not a fake account, then it means there is a link between the page you have just sold to your profile.
While in the transfer phase, the new page owner will go through your personal profile and gain your private information.
However, you can overcome this risk by adhering to the steps below before selling the page;
- Create a fake Facebook personal profile and ensure you feed it with data to make it look real.
- Ensure you make the fake Facebook profile an admin of the Facebook page you wish to sell.
- Sign in to the dummy account you’ve just created and remove your authentic profile from the admin position.
This hack is not foolproof. Although it will not expose your personal profile to the new owner of the Facebook fan page, you might risk detection from Facebook.
Facebook can detect that you’ve used the same IP address as the original profile to create a dummy profile and punish your page before you can sell it. However, you can overcome this challenge by using proxies.
Places Where You Can sell a Facebook Page
Do you have a Facebook fan page you wish to sell, but you don’t know where to sell it? Here are the places where you can list it for sale;
- Viral Accounts. (For pages with 100K and above followers).
- Fanpagecash. (For pages with 100K and above followers).
- Buy and sell Facebook groups.
- Niche-related Facebook groups.
Note: Although many entrepreneurs thrive in purchasing Facebook fan pages to use available followers to boost their business, it’s against Facebook’s terms of service to sell or buy a Facebook page. A seller might be off the hook, but the buyer might suffer the consequences of a ban if caught when transferring ownership.
On the other hand, many businesses have benefitted from buying Facebook fan pages with massive followers, impacting their businesses positively.
Hello, I’m Herman C. Miller, the founder of InternetPKG.com, your ultimate destination for all things Mobile Internet and Telecommunication Services. With a BSc in Telecommunication Services and over 6 years at AT&T, my passion for the industry led to this platform. At InternetPKG.com, we prioritize keeping you informed with the latest package offers, ensuring our content stays current. Our team, including a dedicated Internet Package and Mobile Data Plans Researcher, tirelessly researches emerging trends, identifies market opportunities, and provides expert product recommendations.