You can activate a new Boost Mobile Sim card online by visiting the Boost Mobile activation website. Alternatively, you can activate the Sim card by contacting customer service by calling 833-502-6678 during working hours. Another way to activate your new Boost mobile Sim card is by visiting an official Boost Mobile store and letting the experts handle the task for you.
- You must activate your new Boost Mobile Sim card to enable it to connect to the Boost Mobile network.
- You can activate your New Boost Mobile Sim online, via phone support, or at an official store.
- LifeChat agents can assist you in activating your Boost Mobile Sim.
- Before activating your Sim card, ensure you have reliable Boost network coverage in your area.
- Ensure you have your device’s IMEI and your Sim’s ICCID code before starting Sim activation.
- Ensure your device is unlocked before activating the Boost Mobile Sim.
- Manually updating your phone’s data profile will help fix the Sim activation issues.
Boost Mobile provides services to its clients by utilizing the networks of AT&T and T-Mobile US. The company boasts more than 8 million customers.
Ways to Activate a New Boost Mobile Sim Card
To activate a new Boost Mobile Sim card, you must complete some processes that might be challenging if you haven’t accomplished such a task before. Therefore, this post has a detailed guide that will assist you in activating your new Boost Mobile Sim and start enjoying the services.
Three main ways will enable you to activate your new Boost Mobile Sim:
- Online activation.
- Activating via the phone.
- Activating via Official stores.
How to Activate Your New Boost Sim Online
First, ensure you have acquired a Boost Mobile Sim card before activating it online. Keep it handy because you will need it during the activation process.
Now that you have your Sim card, stick to the following steps religiously:
- Open the official Boost Mobile activation page.
- Enter your Boost sim card’s ICCID number, and tap Continue. – The Boost Mobile Sim ICCID number is at the back of your Sim card or the back of the Sim’s package, and it’s a 15-digit code.
- Enter your device’s IMEI number. You will find the IMEI number under the About Phone section in the phone settings. Alternatively, you can find the IMEI at the back of the phone under the battery (if it’s removable) or at the back of the battery. The IMEI is typically your device’s ID.
- After entering the IMEI, you’ll be prompted to choose your mobile number. In this case, you will choose only the first three digits, and the company will provide the last four digits.
- Now add your Boost Mobile number to your account. If you don’t have a Boost Mobile account, you will open a new account, enabling you to purchase monthly mobile subscription plans and enjoy numerous benefits. However, if you have an existing account, proceed and sign in.
- The final stage is submitting a request for Sim activation.
Alternatively, you can activate your Sim card through an online chat on the Boost Mobile official website.
The LiveChat agents can help you with all the information you require to activate your new Sim card without hassle.
How to Activate a New Boost Mobile Sim Via Phone Support
If you desire to activate your new Boost Mobile Sim card through phone support, call the helpline Boost number (833-502-6678).
Note: Thehelpline number is operational during working hours, i.e., 4 AM to 8 PM PST during weekdays and 4 AM to 7 PM PST during weekends.
Activating a new Boost Mobile Sim on your Android phone
To activate your new Boost Mobile Sim card on your Android phone, ensure a Boost network coverage is available in your area before starting the activation process.
To check whether there is a Boost network coverage in your region, visit www.boostmobile.com/coveragemap.html
Here’s how to activate your Boost Sim card in your Android phone:
- Dial ##72786#
- Tap Ok
Your phone will power off, then restart.
- Unlock your phone’s screen.
- When your phone restarts, the hands-free activation begins automatically.
When the activation is completed, tap ok, and the PRL will update. Once the PRL updates, tap ok, and your device will power off and restart again.
- When your phone restarts, it will update the firmware, and your Sim card will be activated.
Activating a new Boost Mobile Sim on your iPhone
Here is how to activate a Boost Mobile Sim on an iPhone:
- Dial ##873286#
- Tap call.
- Tap Ok to start the service updating task.
- After service updating is complete, tap ok.
Activating Your New Boost Mobile Sim Via an Official Store
Start by finding a store near you if you want to activate your Boost Mobile Sim in an official store. Just enter your zip code, and you will be directed to the nearest one.
Ensure you carry your identification documents and the Boost Mobile Sim card with you, and your Sim will be activated on the spot!
Fixing the Failed Boost Mobile Sim Activation
Sometimes you can follow the required activation steps religiously but fail. This is a solvable problem that requires a few troubleshooting steps. Some of the reasons why your new Boost Mobile Sim card can’t activate include the following:
- An unlocked phone.
- Incorrect IMEI or serial code.
- Your number isn’t yet ported into the Boost Mobile.
Ways to Fix a New Boost Mobile Sim Card That’s Not Activating
Below is a detailed guide to help you navigate through activation issues when your Boost Mobile Sim card fails to activate:
Ensure the Phone is Not Locked
Use an online tool to check whether your device is unlocked. In the absence of an online tool, you can insert a different Sim card into your device and see whether you can use it for texting and calling.
Proceed to the following step if your phone is unlocked.
Check the Signal
Check whether your location has the Boost mobile signal. You can achieve this by using your Boost Mobile.
Alternatively, you can use the Boost checker tool to check the reliability of the signal. To check signal reliability, input your location into the checker tool, and you’ll get feedback about your area’s signal coverage.
Check Whether the Phone or the Sim Card is Damaged
Check whether the Sim chip has any damages that will hinder its activation. Sim chip damages include scratches and cuts on the gold (chip) area. If you see any damage, replace the Simcard before activating your Sim.
After inspecting the Sim for damages, do the same for your phone. Check damages to the phone’s internal antenna that can thwart signal reception.
Update Data Profile on Your Phone Manually
After checking the above and activation fails, update your phone’s data profile manually. While updating the data profile in either your iPhone or Android phone, ensure that your area has a reliable Boost Mobile signal.
After completing all these fixing steps, your new Boost Sim card will activate. However, if you still experience activation issues, it’s time to contact Boost Mobile’s customer service and request help.