To add a photo to a LinkedIn post, go to your LinkedIn homepage, click on the photo icon, and select the photo you would like to upload. You can upload a single photo or a maximum of 9 photos. Before sharing the photo, you can edit it to your preference, choose who will see your photo, and then click the post button to share it. Remember that the limit size of your uploaded images should be 5 MB.
- You can add a photo to a LinkedIn post using a computer or a mobile app.
- The LinkedIn platform has recommendations for photo requirements that can help optimize your post.
- Most professionals prefer accessing LinkedIn via computers as opposed to mobile apps.
- LinkedIn allows you to post a maximum of 9 photos.
- A mobile app comes in handy when you want to post ideas on the go and have no access to the computer.
- You can add multiple photos to a LinkedIn post.
- You can share the photo either as an image or a URL link.
- A good-quality photo adds context to your LinkedIn post and helps to convey your message more effectively.
LinkedIn Photo Requirements
The LinkedIn platform has recommendations for photo requirements that can help optimize your post. It would help if you understood that a low-resolution would appear in low quality, and once you upload a photo, you can’t edit or resize it.
Here are the recommended LinkedIn photo requirements:
- The photo should be at least 552 × 276 (width × height) pixels.
- The size limit for uploaded photos is 5 MB.
- The photo frame ratio should range from 3:1 to 2:3.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Add a Photo to a LinkedIn Post
LinkedIn allows you to build your brand. You must be strategic about posting and sharing information to get the most out of the platform. One of the proven and most effective ways of increasing your visibility on the platform is adding photos to your LinkedIn posts.
This page will explore the importance of adding a photo to a LinkedIn post and provide a step-by-step guide on the best ways to do it on a desktop and a mobile app.
You’ll also get valuable tips on increasing engagement on the platform by making the most of your photos. Whether you want to promote your business or build your brand, incorporating photos into your strategy is a powerful tool that will ensure your success.
How to Add a Photo to a LinkedIn Post on a Computer
Most professionals prefer accessing LinkedIn via computers as opposed to mobile apps. The computer provides a better user experience and added versatility that is unavailable on a mobile app.
Follow the steps below to add a photo to a LinkedIn post on your computer:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account via the webpage.
- Navigate to the home page and click on the “Photo” button beneath the “Start a Post” box.
- You will be directed to your picture folder.
- Click on the “Select the Images to Share” option.
- Select the picture you wish to share and open it.
- Edit the photo to your preference – at this stage, you can tag another member or add a caption if necessary. You can also add an alternative text (Alt. text) for members who use voice-over screen readers.
- Click on “Done” and “Post” to complete adding a photo to a LinkedIn post.
Note: LinkedIn allows you to post a maximum of 9 photos. If you wish to add multiple photos to your post using your computer, you must press and hold down the Ctrl key while choosing your images to enable you to select multiple photos. After selecting the photos, click Open to load the photos you have picked.
You can edit the photos by rotating them, adding filters, or adjusting them before hitting the Post button.
How to Add a Photo to a LinkedIn Post on a Mobile App
A mobile app comes in handy when you want to post ideas on the go and have no access to the computer. If you have a LinkedIn mobile app on your smartphone and you wish to add a photo to a LinkedIn post, follow the steps below:
- Go to the LinkedIn app and sign in with your details.
- Navigate to the central bottom of the app and hit the “Post” option.
- Go to the image icon and select the “Add Photo” option.
- Browse the pictures you want to post, select the one you will add to your LinkedIn post, and tap the “Add” button (you can choose up to 9 photos).
- Load the pictures by tapping on the blue arrow that points to the right.
- Finish the adding process by tapping on the “Post” button.
Note: Your post goes live immediately after you hit the post option. Nevertheless, before posting, you can edit the pictures and manage who has permission to comment on the photo.
Whether you’re adding a photo to a LinkedIn post using a computer or a mobile app, you can share the photo either as an image or a URL link. However, you can’t use both at the same time.
The Importance of Adding a Photo to a LinkedIn Post
Adding a photo to a LinkedIn post not only catches other users’ attention but also increases engagement. Below are a few reasons why photos are important in your LinkedIn posts:
LinkedIn Photos Attract Attention: A LinkedIn post with a photo will catch your followers’ attention rather than plain text. Photos have more visual appeal because they break the monotony of a text-heavy feed.
Photos Add Context: A good-quality photo adds context to your LinkedIn post and helps to convey your message more effectively. For instance, if you wish to inform your network about a new product, a photo of that product will help them understand its appearance.
Photos Increase Engagement: Posts with photos are likely to have increased engagement in comments, likes, and shares. This is because photos will spark a conversation and encourage engagement from your connects.
Photos Make You More Relatable: Adding photos of your team or yourself to a LinkedIn article makes your brand more relatable and helps build trust. The photos can also give your brand a human touch, making it more approachable.
Photos Make You More Memorable: Adding a photo to a LinkedIn post can help make it more memorable, especially if you like it to be shared. A well-chosen and quality photo helps your post to stand out and be remembered by your LinkedIn connects.
The Best Practices When adding a Photo to a LinkedIn Post
When adding a photo to a LinkedIn post, you must adhere to a few practices to ensure your post is engaging and effective:
Select High-Quality Photos: Maintain the professionalism of your post by using high-quality photos. Otherwise, low-quality photos will take away from your post’s intended purpose.
Keep it Professional: Avoid using personal and casual photos as they will make your brand look unprofessional. On the other hand, professional photos that align with your industry will make you stand out.
Use Relevant Photos: Ensure that the photo you are adding is relevant to your post. Otherwise, an irrelevant photo can distract from your message.
Use captions: Using captions on a Linkedin photo is a great way of adding context to the photo to convey the right message.
Optimize Your Photos for LinkedIn: Ensure you crop and resize your photos according to LinkedIn requirements to avoid distortion.