To link your Facebook account to Messenger: Open Messenger, tap your profile, select “Linked Accounts,” choose Facebook, and log in. It enables seamless cross-platform communication and access to Facebook contacts.
- A Messenger account is an account used to access Facebook Messenger, and it’s a standalone app developed by Facebook.
- You can link a Facebook account to your Messenger account on your desktop or Android and iOS devices.
- Your Facebook and Messenger accounts should use the same login password.
- You can easily switch between Facebook and Messenger accounts.
- You can deactivate your Facebook account and use the Messenger account as a standalone app.
- Linking the two accounts has numerous benefits, such as better reachability, enhanced security, and personalized experience.
What’s a Messenger Account?
A Messenger account is an account used to access Facebook Messenger, and it’s a standalone app developed by Facebook. A Messenger account performs many functions, such as sending and receiving instant messages, sharing photos and videos with other messenger account users, and making video and voice calls.
You can use your Facebook login credentials to access your messenger account because the two accounts are connected. The standout difference between a messenger account and a Facebook account is that with a messenger account, you can send messages to Facebook and non-Facebook users. In contrast, a Facebook account only sends messages to Facebook users.
Step-by-Step Instructions on How to Link a Facebook Account to Your Messenger Account on a Mobile App
Linking a Facebook account to your Messenger account on a mobile app will give you a better experience. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to Link a Facebook account to your Messenger account on a mobile device:
- Go to the Messenger app on your mobile device.
- Click on your profile picture at the top left corner of your screen.
- Move down and click “Linked Accounts.”
- Click on “Facebook.”
- Log in to your Facebook account via your email address.
- Click the “Continue” option.
- Give messenger access to your Facebook account by clicking “Continue” and then “Ok.”
Your Facebook account is now linked to your Messenger account. If you wish to switch between the two accounts, you can go to “Linked Accounts” and choose the one you want to use.
Important Note: Suppose you don’t have a Messenger app on your mobile device; you can download it from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
How to Link a Facebook Account to Your Messenger Account on a Desktop
The steps of linking a Facebook account to your messenger account are similar to the ones used on a mobile device, but with a slight difference. Suppose you wish to link a Facebook account to your Messenger account on a desktop; here are the steps to follow:
- Visit messenger.com and sign in to your Messenger account.
- Tap the three-dot icon at the top left corner.
- Click on “Linked Accounts.”
- Tap on “Facebook.”
- Sign in to your Facebook account using your email when prompted.
- Hit the “Continue” button.
- Click “Continue” then “Ok” to give Messenger access to your Facebook account, and voila! You have successfully linked your Facebook account to your Messenger account on the desktop.
Note: Whether using a mobile device or a desktop, you can alternatively link a Facebook account to your Messenger account by going to Facebook, navigating to Settings & Privacy > Account Settings, then linking the two accounts.
Benefits of Linking a Facebook Account to Your Messenger Account
Linking a Facebook account to your Messenger account comes with the following benefits:
1. Better Reachability
When you link a Facebook account to your Messenger account, you are easily reached and can also easily reach other Facebook or Messenger users.
If your two accounts are linked, you can get notifications from Facebook on your Messenger and reach out to your Facebook friends using Messenger.
2. Easier Communication Experience
A more effortless communication experience makes social media interactions a breeze. When you link a Facebook account to your Messenger account, you get a better and easy communication experience. You can easily send messages to your Facebook friends directly from your messenger account without switching from one app to another.
3. Improved Organization
It is easier to stay organized when you link a Facebook account to your Messenger account. With linked accounts, you’ll see all your conversations in one place, making it easier to keep track of your activities and stay organized.
4. Additional Features
With linked accounts, you can take advantage of extra features such as making video and voice calls and creating groups on Messenger. These additional features are unavailable when you use each app separately.
5. Enhanced Security
Online security has increasingly become a concern as scammers develop advanced ways of gaining access to online accounts such as Facebook. However, with linked accounts, you add an extra security layer to your accounts, making it harder for an impersonator to gain access.
6. Improved Customer Service
Businesses worldwide are embracing Messenger as the primary customer service channel. With a Facebook account linked to your Messenger account, you can easily enjoy sending messages to such businesses directly for support.
7. Personalized Experience
Are you looking for a more personalized experience on social media? Linking a Facebook account to your Messenger account could be the answer you are searching for.
Because you allow them to monitor your social media activities when you link the two accounts, the two platforms will understand your interests and preferences and give you a personalized experience tailored solely for you.
How to Switch Between Facebook and Messenger
The beauty of Facebook and Messenger is that you can easily switch from one account to another. You can even deactivate your Facebook account and use Messenger as a standalone app to send messages and make video and voice calls to both Facebook and non-Facebook users.
Here is how to switch from Messenger to Facebook effortlessly:
- Go to Messenger and tap your profile icon at the top left corner.
- Tap “Switch Account.”
- Select the account you want to use – you can use your personal or Facebook page profile.
With the above three easy steps, you will effortlessly switch from your Messenger account to your Facebook account. Also, remember that both accounts will use the same password; thus, account switching will always be hassle-free.
In summary, you will enjoy numerous benefits when you link a Facebook account with your Messenger account. Such benefits include better reachability, easier communication, personalized experience, improved organization, enhanced security, and improved customer service.
Linking the two accounts is a straightforward task if you follow the step-by-step instructions on this page. Always remember that you can switch to and from Messenger to Facebook whenever you wish.
Hello, I’m Herman C. Miller, the founder of InternetPKG.com, your ultimate destination for all things Mobile Internet and Telecommunication Services. With a BSc in Telecommunication Services and over 6 years at AT&T, my passion for the industry led to this platform. At InternetPKG.com, we prioritize keeping you informed with the latest package offers, ensuring our content stays current. Our team, including a dedicated Internet Package and Mobile Data Plans Researcher, tirelessly researches emerging trends, identifies market opportunities, and provides expert product recommendations.