Spectrum Internet is one of the most popular internet services in America by Charter Communications.
The company has over 50 million customers and offers internet speeds up to 100 Mbps for $64.99 a month. Spectrum also gives you free installation, access to Wi-Fi hotspots, and a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on all plans (no contract).
You can choose from an unlimited data plan or a metered data plan which allows you to control how much bandwidth your household consumes each month with no hidden fees. And despite all of this – sometimes you find their internet slow and nothing loads properly on your end. Let’s get to the point.
Is your Spectrum internet slow? Don’t be discouraged. You can improve your speed with a few simple tricks and tips like managing your preferences and checking each package on your dashboard and fixing which one is needed or not. Besides, here are 11 surefire and effective things you can do to get the most out of your Spectrum service.
Let’s dive into them –
1) Head straight to “Manage Preferences” when you log in to Spectrum’s website, then turn off the feature that automatically downloads TV shows on your computer if you don’t watch them within 24 hours of being recorded by the DVR box; this is one of the biggest culprits for slowing down an internet connection as it takes up bandwidth without any notice or indication.
2) Check which channels you have access to through each package available from Spectrum. If there are certain channels that are not necessary for you, you can fix it by either upgrading your package or by downgrading to the other.
3) Change the Wi-Fi channel on your router
4) Check for interference from other devices in your home or office
5) Upgrade to a newer, faster modem
6) Use an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi when streaming video content or playing online games
7) Reduce the number of connected devices at once (e.g., by only using one device while downloading)
8) Update all software and firmware updates on your computer(s) and wireless equipment, including routers, modems, set-top boxes, game consoles, smart TVs and more!
9) Make sure you have enough bandwidth available to handle any additional tasks you may be running simultaneously (i.e., turn off background downloads like iCloud photo syncing if you’re trying to watch Netflix). If this doesn’t work for you contact Spectrum Support by phone: 1-800-921-8101
10) Unplug any unused cables from your modem and/or router ports, including Ethernet cable connections to other devices like printers, speakers, etc.; this will reduce interference between these different types of electronics and improve speed by reducing signal collisions in the house’s wiring system; make sure you’re only using one Ethernet cable per device if possible as well!
11) If you need faster speeds than what are offered by Spectrum Internet alone (e.g., 100Mbps), call them up about upgrading your plan; they may offer higher speeds for an additional monthly fee depending on where you live.